This is an authentic kerala dish, which is one of the easiest to prepare.
Cherupayar(Green Gram) PuzhukkuThis is an authentic kerala dish, which is one of the easiest to prepare.Faseela K
- Soak green gram in water for about 15 to 30 mins.
- Pressure cook the green grams, with 2 cups of water.
5 to 6 whistles will be enough.Open the cooker, and add enough salt to the green gram.
- Note : For puzhukku, green gram should be well cooked. In case, it's not cooked properly even after 6 whistles, cook for some more time. Also, if there is extra water left in the cooker, boil till whole of water is evaporated off
- Now heat oil in a pan, saute chopped small onions.
And then add crushed red chillis, and curry leaves.
- Add the above sauted mixture to the green gram and mix well.
Cherupayar puzhukku is ready!!