A spicy Indian version of Chinese chilli chicken
Indian Chilli ChickenA spicy Indian version of Chinese chilli chickenFaseela K
Red Chilli Powder
- Marinate the chicken pieces with red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt for 15 to 30 minutes. Shallow fry the chicken pieces, and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, and saute chopped onions and curry leaves. Once the onions become translucent, add green chillis, ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute or so.Add tomato pieces to this and saute till it's mixed well.
- Add the fried chicken pieces to the pan, along with pepper powder ,garam masala, and salt, and mix well.
- Mix cornflour in a cup of water, and add to the chicken.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, add chopped capsicum, tomato sauce and soya sauce, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves