Rice pathiri is an inevitable part of malabar muslim cusine. Pathiri goes well with chicken curry.
Pathiri - Rice BreadRice pathiri is an inevitable part of malabar muslim cusine. Pathiri goes well with chicken curry.Faseela K
Roasted Rice Powder
1 1/2 Cups
1 1/2 Cups
- Boil water with salt.
- Once water is boiled, slowly add rice powder and stir. Once it is well mixed, switch off the stove and allow the content to cool.
- Before the mixture gets completely cooled, knead it and form a smooth dough.Since the exact amount of water required may slightly change depending upon the rice powder, use some water while kneading the dough if required.(If too sticky,apply some oil on palms,while kneading)
- Form small round balls out of the dough.(Applying some oil on palms while doing this, will be good)
- Flatten the balls, and roll it to thin round pathiris. (Apply rice powder on the rolling board, so that the pathiri will not stick).You can also use a chapati press instead of using chapati roller.
- Heat a flat pan, and cook pathiri on both sides till it's done.