Unnakkaaya is a malabar special tea time snack.This can be made with or without egg.The below recipe is without egg.
Unnakkaaya (Banana Flambe Fritters)Unnakkaaya is a malabar special tea time snack.This can be made with or without egg.The below recipe is without egg.Faseela K
Kerala Banana(Semi ripe)
- Steam banana until it's well cooked, remove the outer skin, and grind it into a smooth dough. Keep this aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cashew and raisins. Saute till the cashew becomes lightly golden, and raisins puff up.
- Add grated coconut, and saute for a couple of minutes. Now add the cardamom powder and mix well. Switch off the stove, and allow the mixture to cool.
- Apply a little ghee on your palm. Form small lemon sized balls out of the banana dough, and flatten it on your palm to disc shapes.
- Place a little of the coconut filling on this, and close the edges, and roll it in your hands to form an elongated shape as shown in the photos above.
- Heat oil in a pan, and shallow fry the unnakkaaya. Keep turning the sides, till the entire surface becomes uniform golden colour.