A traditional malabar recipe..This goes well with "pathiri"..
Varutharacha Chicken Curry - Fried & crushed Chicken curryA traditional malabar recipe..This goes well with "pathiri"..Faseela K
Sweet Cumin(Perum Jeerakam)
Red Chilli Powder
- Add 1/4cup small onions, sweet cumin, and curry leaves to the grated coconut, and fry this in a pan till golden brown.Now, grind this to a paste
- Crush green chillis, ginger and garlic to a paste
- Mix onion, paste obtained in step 2, tomato, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, and salt with chicken and a cup of water.Cook this well for some 15-20 mins.
- Once the chicken is well cooked, add the coconut paste and cook for another 2-3 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan, and add the remaining small onions to it. Add this mixture to the chicken curry, and stir well.
- Decorate with coriander leaves